- Only a decade earlier, the 1984 Olympics were held in Sarajevo.
- Serbian troops perched atop buildings across the river and shot people at random, creating a ghost avenue known as “Sniper Alley”.
- Residents of Sarajevo constructed a secret tunnel over a half mile long. During the time it was used, it is estimated that 20 million tons of food entered the city via the tunnel, and 1 million people passed in and out of it.
- In 1995 Bill Clinton bombed the evil Serbians and broke the siege.
- Almost a century earlier, in 1914, Gabriel Princip assassinated Archduke Ferdinand at a street corner of what was later to become Sniper Alley. The assassination set off World War I.
- Over 11,000 people were killed during the 3 year siege.